Easy to operate
The TRI is a powerful tuning aid that, together with the automatically controlled input attenuator, helps the operator to quickly and precisely match the antenna impedance to the optimum tube load impedance (5-10 seconds typically). The auto-operate function (when enabled) maintains the amplifier in the OPERATE mode for you, thus avoiding unnecessary manual operations.
No antenna tuners
No heavy outboard antenna tuners required for antenna VSWRs up to about 3:1. Your amplifier will enable you to change antennas virtually instantaneously and allow you to use your antennas over wider frequency ranges.
An amplifier that is both user-friendly and that looks after itself. It is designed to safely withstand up to 400 W reflected power, up to 100 milliseconds duration of drive spikes, drive RF “tails” after a PTT or KEY release, operator’s inadvertent tuning errors etc.
The amplifier also will not cease to function with a “soft” AC mains and will deliver more than half power at only 85% of nominal mains voltage. It can withstand voltage drops (down to zero Volts) for up to 10 milliseconds and can tolerate 15% mains voltage spikes, which is especially important on Field Day, during DXpeditions, and at portable operating events where emergency power is relied upon.
OLED comment display
All amplifier status indications are explained via detailed text displayed on the dot matrix, high brightness and contrast OLED display. The upper line on the OLED always reads peak forward power. LED indicators are provided for: OPERATE mode, attenuation-on, transmit, selected antenna output, and ON/OFF conditions.
Three antenna outputs
Three antenna outputs are selectable using a push-button on the front panel.
Data regarding amplifier internal status is stored in a nonvolatile memory for 7 of the most recent auto protection trips.
This information can be forwarded to your dealer for diagnostics.
Virtually silent QSK
The input bypassing and vacuum antenna relays are virtually silent even in the CW QSK mode thanks to specially designed mounting hardware.
Broadband input matching
Resulting in very good load to the transceiver over the entire spectrum 1.8-54 MHz.
SINGLE 4CX1000A TUBE
Uses a ceramic and metal radial beam tetrode with plate dissipation of 1000 W which is specially designed for class AB1 RF linear amplifier operation.
Permanent monitoring and protection of plate and grid voltages and currents, reflected power as well as of the exhaust air temperature.
- Frequency Coverage: All amateur bands 1.8-54 MHz; extensions and/or changes on request.
- Power Output: 1500 W continuous carrier, no mode limit.
- Intermodulation Distortion: Better than 32 dB below rated output.
- Hum and noise: Better than 40 dB below rated output.
- Harmonic Output Suppression:
-1.8-29.7 MHz - better than 50 dB below rated output;
-50-54 MHz - better than 66 dB below rated output.
- Input and Output Impedances:
- nominal value: 50 Ohm unbalanced, UHF (SO239) type connectors;
- input circuit: broadband, VSWR less than 1.3:1, 1.8-54 MHz continuously (no tunings, no switching);
- bypass path VSWR less than 1.1:1, 1.8-54 MHz continuously;
- output matching capability: better than VSWR 3:1 or greater at reduced output levels.
- RF Gain: 13.5 dB typically, frequency response less than 1dB (50-85W drive power for rated output).
- Primary Power: 85-132 V and 170-264 V (100, 110,120, 200, 210, 220, 230 & 240 V nominal taps,+10%-15%tol.), 50-60 Hz, single phase, 3500 VA consumption at rated output.
- Complies with CE safety and EMC requirements, as well as FCC regulations.
- Size & Weight :
operating: WxDxH: WxDxH: 445x375x205 mm, 29.3 kg.
(17.52x14.76x8.07 inches, 64.6 lbs)
-temperature range: 0...+50 degs.Celsius;
-humidity: up to 95% @ +35 degs.Celsius;
-height: up to 3000 m (10000 ft) above sea level without output deterioration.